The Narragansett Police Department has adjusted the format of our recruitment process and will now be accepting applications for the position of Police Officer at all times.
The Narragansett Police Department is pleased to announce the Winter & Spring 2024 Hiring Campaign. NPD is seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in a rewarding career in Law Enforcement to join our team.
Apply today at Narragansett, RI Police Jobs - Entry Level | PoliceApp.
It is the policy of the Narragansett Police Department that successful applicants are chosen from a diverse candidate pool reflective of the available workforce of the State of Rhode Island, that all applicants have equal opportunity for employment and that those appointed as police officers are the most highly qualified.
The following qualifications shall be necessary for anyone to be eligible for the Narragansett Police Department:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a resident of the state upon appointment;
- Must be 21 years of age or older upon appointment;
- Height must be proportionate to weight;
- Vision must be not less than 20/30 correctable to 20/20 and must be able to distinguish colors;
- Must have a valid unrestricted state driver’s license upon appointment;
- Must have a minimum of 60 college credit hours or
- Two consecutive years of honorable active duty or reserve military service or
- One-year full-time employment as a police officer, corrections officer or equivalent law enforcement experience at an agency with arrest powers by the date of application.
Rhode Island P.O.S.T Certified candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information regarding a lateral transfer opportunity, please contact Captain Kyle Rekas, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website at In-State Police Lateral Transfer
The hiring process initially involves three phases: a physical fitness test, a written exam, and an oral interview. Candidates who successfully pass all three phases will be selected by the Chief of Police for a background investigation. For further information on our hiring process, please see our Recruitment and Selection POLICY.
Note, the Narragansett Police Department no longer administers the physical fitness or written tests. The Narragansett Police Department uses a third-party testing service for the written test and physical test. Applicants are responsible for the associated costs. Information regarding accepted certificates is available on the Town's website. Applicants MUST pass the physical agility test (pass/fail) and MUST score a 70 or higher on the written exam.
The Narraganset Employment Application Packet must include the following:
- Resume uploaded with completed application (Recommended but not required.)
- Copy of your valid driver’s license
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Copy of an official transcript from an accredited college or university indicating the required 60 college credits (If applicable)
- Proof of Veteran’s Status – if applicable.
Once an Employment Application Packet is completed, a member of the Narragansett Police Department will contact you to schedule an oral interview. The oral interview consists of a 3-member panel and is held at the Narragansett Police Department, 40 Caswell Street, Narragansett, RI.
For any questions pertaining to the hiring process or to schedule a tour or ride-along, please contact Sergeant Ryan McGovern, email@example.com - 401-789-1091 ext. 314.
For any questions relating to submitting your application or next steps, please contact Staci Croy, Executive Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org - 401-789-1091 ext. 213.