- Town Clerk's Office
- Vital Records
- Birth Certificates
Birth Certificates are available from The Town Clerk's Office for all Rhode Island births from 1960 to the present. The Application for a Certified Copy of a Birth Record must be filled out and submitted with photo identification such as a state-issued Drivers License, Passport, Military Identification, Certificate of Naturalization or Alien Registration Card.
Copies of Birth Certificates requested by mail cost $25 and any additional copies of this record purchased at the same time cost $18 each. Copies of Birth Certificates requested In Person cost $22 and any additional copies of this record purchased at the same time cost $18 each.
If making the request in person, the applicant must present an original of the above stated form of identification. If the request is made by mail, a readable copy of one of the above forms of identification is required. The copy will not be returned to you. If the application or request is received without the above stated identification, the request will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
To receive a Certified Copy of a Birth Record via mail the following information must be provided:
- Name on the Birth Record
- Date and City/Town where the event occurred
- The applicant's relationship to the person named on the record
- Reason for the requested Certified Copy of the Birth Record
- Provide the name of the father and the mother's maiden name
- Applicant's signature and printed name
- Applicant's mailing address and home phone number for contact purposes