North Pavilion Changing Room Policy
TOWN COUNCIL POLICY REGARDING LEASING OF CABANAS AND CHANGING ROOMS AT THE NARRAGANSETT TOWN BEACH
The intent of this policy is to provide a preference to Town residents and taxpayers with respect to the rental of cabanas and changing rooms. It is further the intent of this policy to cease the practice of placing multiple names on lease agreements to preserve the lessees' rights to pass on or assign the right to lease a cabana or changing room. To effectuate this intent, all lessees whose initial lease of a cabana or changing room commences after January 1, 2005, shall be limited to having two names on the lease, both of whom meet the age requirements, residency or taxpayer requirements set forth herein, be members or the same immediate family, and have the same residence address. For those leases that commenced prior to January 1, 2005, the number of lessees listed on any lease after January 1, 2006, shall be limited to two names, each of whom must meet the age requirements and residency or taxpayer requirements set forth herein.
Effective as of January 1, 2006, all cabanas and changing rooms at the North Beach facility shall be leased only to full-time Narragansett residents or property owners paying real estate taxes of $800 per year or more. All lessees must be at least 21 years of age.
For purposes of this policy a full-time resident shall be defined as a person who is living in Narragansett year-round with no present intention to move. Proof of residency may be established with a Rhode Island driver's license containing a Narragansett address, registration to vote in Narragansett, and proof that all motor vehicles owned by the resident are registered in the State of Rhode Island with a Narragansett address or other similar information satisfactory to the Town. Individuals with an out-of-state license, who are registered to vote in other communities or have their vehicles registered outside of Narragansett, shall not qualify as a resident of Narragansett for purposes of this policy.
The right to lease cabanas and changing rooms cannot be passed on to or assigned except as provided for herein. Effective as of January 1, 2005, no rental agreement shall have more than two names on it, each of whom must meet the criteria to rent a cabana or changing room. Any rental agreement in effect as of January 1, 2005, containing more than two names shall, upon its renewal in 2006, be modified and amended to only contain two names as lessees, both of whom must meet the age requirements and either the residency or taxpayer requirements. When one of the names on the agreement passes away or otherwise decides not to remain as a lessee, the remaining individual may continue to rent the cabana or changing room. However, he or she shall not be allowed to add any additional names to the rental agreement. When the remaining lessee passes away or ceases to have an interest in renting the cabana or changing room, the Town shall offer it to the first person on the appropriate waiting list.
All new rental agreements containing the names of individuals who did not lease a cabana or changing room during 2005 shall be limited to having two names on the agreement. Both names must meet the requirements for age, residency, or taxpayer status, and both names must have the same residence address and must be members of the same immediate family. If a person named in a rental agreement ceases to meet the qualifications, then his or her name shall be stricken, and the remaining tenant shall not be allowed to add a new name to the agreement.
The Parks and Recreation Department shall maintain a waiting list for cabanas and changing rooms. All existing applications on file shall remain on file, provided, however, that any such application that contains more than two names shall be modified so as to only contain two names. The two individuals named must have the same residence address, must be over 21 years of age, and must be members of the same immediate family.
The waiting list shall be made available in the Town Clerk's office for public inspection and shall be updated quarterly by the Parks and Recreation Department. Annually the Parks and Recreation Department shall be required to verify that all lessees of cabanas and changing rooms meet the qualification contained herein and, in addition, shall be required to verify that the top ten positions on each waiting list be verified to ensure that the individuals meet the qualifications contained herein.
The lockers available for rent in the South Beach Pavilion are not affected by these changes, provided, however, that Narragansett residents and taxpayers as defined herein shall have the first preference to rent the lockers if there is a shortage.
Definition of Key Terms
Principal Lessee - The person who leases the facility for the summer season is responsible for all payment due for the facility.
Pass Holder - The person whom the principal lessees has provided a facility pass to for the summer season. These passes are non-transferable.
Adult - Any person 18 years of age or older.
Youth - Any person 12-17 years of age.
Seniors - Any person 62 or older.
North Pavilion Changing Room Admission Policy
- Entrance into the North Pavilion changing area will require a facility pass.
- This pass will be used to gain access into the changing room area by exchanging the pass for the appropriate room key.
- For security purposes and to minimize the number of lost keys; facility holders are required to exchange their key for their pass upon leaving the changing area.
- For security purposes facility holders are asked to keep their units locked when they are not in the immediate area and to secure their unit before leaving for the day.
- The misuse of passes may impact eligibility to renew in future years.
- Under no circumstances will anyone be allowed into the changing room area with out the proper facility pass.
- Please remember to always bring your pass.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passes transferred to an unregistered individual or used in any fraudulent manner will be confiscated and not replaced.
North Pavilion Changing Room Pass Holder Policy
- Each principal lessee receives a facility pass.
- The remaining 2 facility passes are for guests of the principal lessee
- These guests may be Narragansett residents or non-residents.
- All information on facility pass holders must be clearly stated on the application.
- Lost or stolen passes may be replaced for a fee of $50.
2018 New Resident/Taxpayer lessees to North Pavilion Changing Room:
Contents & Rates
- Changing room $700.00
- Four Facility Passes/One Parking Pass
- You are allowed to switch out TWO photo ID facility passes for two transferable passes
- Additional resident adults - Maximum 2 $50.00 charge
- Additional resident youth (12-17) unlimited $10.00
- Immediate family members only for youth passes
North Pavilion Parking Policy
- One (1) parking pass per facility will be issued.
- Parking is available on a first come, first served basis in the North and South Parking Lots for facility holders.
- A second parking pass may be purchased for guest #1 (2017 and prior lessees) and may be a nonresident
- Lost or stolen parking passes may be replaced for a $100 fee.
A resident may waive the purchase of the additional pass through the facility package and purchase a regular resident parking pass at the South Pavilion Sales Office.