- Building Inspection
- Building Permits
Narragansett E-Permit application
Narragansett E-Permit Application
Site PlansTwo (2) copies of a Site Plan stamped by a registered land surveyor are required when applying for a building permit. The Site Plan(s) should be drawn to scale and include the following information:
- Shape, dimensions, radii, angles and area of the lot.
- Assessor’s plat and lot numbers.
- Size and location of the proposed building (including decks).
- Location and dimensions of access drives, parking areas (200 sq. ft per bedroom), planting and screening, and distance between structures on the same lot.
- The use of the land and/or the intended use of the structure and the number of dwelling units.
- Topographic information including distance to wetlands and/or water bodies within 200’; coastal features, flood zone elevation of site and lowest habitable floor; platted width of right of way, existing width and surface of traveled road on which the lot fronts, designation whether public or private or to be constructed; existing or proposed easements, and all existing utilities within the right of way.
- Show existing and proposed contours, annotate top of foundation and lowest floor elevation including basement (coastal & flood zone areas - require mean sea level datum).
- Two (2) copies of construction drawings are also required. Construction drawings should be drawn to scale and include the following information:
- Foundation plan detailing size, thickness, beam, pockets, openings, anchor bolt spacing; also column footing size, thickness and spacing.
- Floor plans with rooms labeled, dimensions, size of headers; size, spacing and direction of floor joists, location of attic scuttle.
- Elevations of all exterior views.
- Cross section which shows footing and foundations, sills, columns, beams joints rafters, collar ties insulation stair dimensions, exterior vents. Size, spacing and type of material of lumber grading.
- Engineered truss drawing (if applicable).
- Engineering for 120-mile hour winds
- Impact glass specifications
Building Permit Applications
Narragansett E-Permit Application
- If your lot is sewered you must submit a copy of your sewer permit, sewer lot development fee receipt, or sewer assessment receipt.
- Your plans must be reviewed by the local fire department. They will mark the locations of required smoke detectors and will stamp the drawings confirming that they have been reviewed.
- If the project is within the Bonnet Shores Fire District 1, separate approval is required from the fire district prior to filing a permit request with the town (for new construction only).
- If your project is located in a condominium, condo association approval is required.
- If your project requires a Comprehensive Permit, Staff Review (Administrative Approval), Variances and/or Special Use Permits (Zoning Board of Review), or is a Subdivision/Land Development Project coordination with the Department of Community Development will be required. For more information please refer to the Department of Community Development's Forms & Applications web page.
- If your project is located in a Historic District approval by the Historic District Commission may be required. For more information please refer to the HDC Standards, Guidelines, Procedures & Application Forms web page.