Sec. 74-4. Schedule of parking fines.
(a) All parking violations shall be fined in accordance with the following schedule:
(1) Overtime parking . . . $ 35.00
(2) Parking in a prohibited area . . . 35.00
(3) Double parking . . . 35.00
(4) Parking on sidewalk . . . 35.00
(5) Parking to obstruct highway or loading zone . . . 35.00
(6) Standing in prohibited area . . . 35.00
(7) Parking within 25 feet of an intersection . . . 35.00
(8) Parking left wheels to curb . . . 35.00
(9) Parking within 15 feet of a hydrant . . . 35.00
(10) Parking within a fire lane . . . 35.00
(11) Parking in excess of one foot, but less than three feet, from the curb . . . 35.00
(12) Parking in violation of winter parking ban . . . 50.00
(13) Parking in a tow-away zone . . . 75.00
(14) Parking in handicapped space:
a. First offense . . . 100.00
b. Second offense . . . 175.00
c. Third offense . . . 325.00
(15) Other parking violations . . . 35.00
(b) If any fine imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall remain unpaid ten days after the issuance of the ticket, then the amount of the fine due to the town shall be two times the amount of the fine initially imposed.
(c) If any fine imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall remain unpaid 30 days after the issuance of the ticket, then the amount of the fine due to the town shall be four times the amount of the fine initially imposed.
(Code 1986, § 19-5; Ch. 829, § 1, 2-3-2003; Ch. 877, § 1, 6-19-2006)
State law references: Establishment of fines for violation of traffic regulations, G.L. 1956, § 12-14-4.
To review and pay parking tickets online please visit www.narragansettparking.com.
Sec. 74-28. Parking during winter months.
(a) There shall be no parking on either side of any public street or highway within the town from November 1 to May 1st of each year when a traveler’s advisory, winter storm warning, or winter storm watch, has been issued by the National Weather Service.
(b) Any vehicle parked in violation of this section shall be towed away, and the owner of such vehicle shall be liable for the cost of towing, storage and other incidental expenses in connection with such towing and shall be fined in accordance with section 74-4.
The Narragansett Municipal Court issues parking permits for on street parking in residential areas ( the Pier and Scarborough Hills) during the Summer season. The town ordinance does not allow for the Municipal Court or the Narragansett Police Department to issue daily permits to town residents or visitors for special events in these areas.